What is Urology?
Urology is a surgical specialty, covering the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the kidneys, ureters, bladder, prostate and male reproductive organs.
What are the symptoms of urinary related illnesses?
- Burning sensation while passing urine
- Lower abdominal pain
- Back /loin pain
- Blood in urine
- Difficulty in passing urine
- Incontinence / frequency / urgency to urinate
- Sexual dysfunction
- Pelvic pain in women
Our Urology Centre
Our comprehensive Urology Centre at Asiri Surgical Hospital has allowed us to bring all the aspects of urological diagnosis and treatments together in one place.
Our One-stop Clinic
Patients can be assessed as well as have any necessary investigation done at our one-stop weekly Clinic
A consultant urologist is available to discuss a patient's condition and treatment options.
- Non-invasive (Lithotripsy) and minimally Invasive (PCNL/Ureteroscopy) treatment modalities for urinary stone diseases (Kidney / Urinary / Bladder stones)
- Minimally invasive techniques for benign prostatic hyperplasia and other conditions of the prostate
- Organ-sparing surgery for kidney cancer (open and laparoscopic)
- Radical bladder surgery and reconstruction
- Treatment for sexual dysfunction
- Urodynamic studies for evaluation of bladder function
- Endoscopic surgery facility for bladder malignancies (cancer)
An array of benefits at the Asiri Urology Centre
What makes us unique?
- Our service is based in a state-of-the-art urology centre at Asiri Surgical Hospital, where most of our clinical activities take place
- One-stop centre for minor and major urology procedures and investigations
- Emergency Genito-Urinary Surgeon.
- A medical team experienced in Genito Urinary care
- One-stop clinic by appointment
We manage your urological surgery
- We educate you on the procedure or surgery .
- We discuss the expenditure prior to treatment
- We co-ordinate admission, surgery and discharge
- Post -operative follow up and advice
- A well-trained team of theatre and ward nursing staff
- Minimal access techniques available resulting in less pain, quicker recovery, shorter hospital stay and less cost
- Less complications and a better outcome than open surgery
What should you do?
- Get your condition assessed and necessary investigations done- meet your family doctor
- Ensure you are educated and understand your condition
- Fully understand the options available to you
- Be informed on the causes of your condition and the steps you can take to prevent it recurring
Hotline: +94 11 4524445