What is it?
IVF is where eggs are extracted from a woman’s ovaries and fertilized with sperm in a laboratory.
How does it work?
IVF is offered to couples requiring donor oocytes and patients with bilateral tubal block.
Points to consider
- Success is dependent of age and physiology.
- The process begins with a series of blood tests and hormone checks.
- Patient will then be given a daily round of injections to stimulate ovaries.
- After an ultrasound examination, eggs will be extracted under general anesthesia and sperm collected on same day.
- If fertilization is successful, embryos will be transferred into uterus and pregnancy can be confirmed after a week.