Asiri Central - Heart Centre
A complete heart-health centre
When you suspect that you have a heart condition the very worst you can do is worry about it. At Asiri Central Heart we understand the healing power of a stress-free environment. This is why we have created healing centres that focus on finding solutions to all your heart-related concerns under one roof.
At Asiri Central Heart our dedicated team of heart specialists and medical professionals are geared to see to every aspect of your heart care needs. From diagnosing your condition and providing you with holistic advice to administering medical treatment, and providing the best pre- and post-surgery care, we pledge to give you the peace of mind that you need. Throughout your stay with us you will be assured of the best advice and treatment as our medical experts guide you through any unfamiliar territory, ensuring that you are well briefed and able to make informed decisions about your health.
Our state-of-the-art heart care centres led by expert cardiologists / cardiac surgeons/cardiac anaesthesiologists with years of experience in the field. Our cardiologists and surgeons have access to the latest and most sophisticated equipment to, effectively deal with any heart-related condition. At Asiri Central Heart we are dedicated to guiding you back to a complete, healthier and happier lifestyle.
What sets us apart from other Private Heart Care Providers
Take a look at the facilities and services we offer to ensure that your stay with us is a restful, healthful experience. You will see that we really do offer you a better experience all round. In Sri Lanka Asiri Health provides more Heart Care facilities compared to other private health care facilities.
- One-stop fully fledged modern heart centre, hosting JCI accreditation
- 2 state of the art cardiac catheterization laboratories enhanced with latest Philips technology
- 09 Coronary Care Beds
- 06 Cardio – Thoracic Surgical Intensive Care Beds
- 23 Cardiac ward rooms
- 05 ward beds (Angio Suite)
- 2 Cardiac Operation Theatres – Enables to perform comprehensive range of diagnostic and therapeutic interventional cardiac procedures
- 10 Cardiac Channeling rooms
- 2 fully equipped Cardiac Investigation Labs (Eg: Tread mill / Exercise ECG, ECHO)
How our unit operates
- 24 hour Cardiac Emergencies
- 24 hour Out Reach Ambulance Facilities
- Routine / Elective Cardiac Care
- Nursing staff, providing family members relief in the knowledge that their loved ones are in good hands.
Preventive cardiology services
- Heart check ups
- Chest pain clinic
- Lifestyle management programme
- Patient Education programmes
The off-pump Coronary Artery Bypass (OPCAB)
This procedure allows you to undergo coronary artery bypass surgery without the use of a heart-lung machine
- Proven to be effective and safe as On-pump Surgery.
- Less expensive
- Reduced morbidity during and after surgery
- Reduced chance of side-effects such as neurocognitive dysfunction
- Shorter hospital stay
This procedure is recommended especially for high-risk patients. For example, if you have:
- Severe aortic calcification of the ascending aorta
- Liver cirrhosis
- Renal insufficiency
- Other systemic processes that may be exacerbated by CPB
Asiri Heart Centre of Asiri Central hospital perform more than 95% of bypass surgeries without the use of a heart-lung machine.
Invasive & interventional cardiology
- PCI and PPCI - Immediate angiography and angioplasty facilities provided to patients developing sudden heart attacks
- When a patient suffering with a heart attack is brought to Asiri Central Heart, our cardiologists will perform a coronary angiogram and access the damaged vessel immediately by angioplasty, immediately restoring the flow of blood to the affected area.
- Devise Closures ASD,PDA
- Off pump and on pump coronary artery bypass surgery (CABG)
- Valve replacements & repair
- Minimally invasive Valve Surgeries
- Surgery for congenital heart diseases
- Surgery for arrhythmias
Non-invasive Cardiology & Diagnostics
- The latest VIVD7 Echo system
- 2D ECHO colour Doppler
- Trans oesophageal Echo
- Carotid Doppler
- Stress test – exercise ECG, stress Echo TMT / Dobutamine Stress test
- Peripheral Doppler- arterial & venous
- Advanced CT scan imaging
- Holter monitoring
Valve Repair Surgery
Repair of leaking Mitral and Tricuspid Valves has many advantages over replacing these valves with Prosthetic Valves. More than 80% of the leaking valves are repaired successfully in our centre giving the advantage of durability, preserved cardiac functions and most importantly not requiring anticoagulant drugs.
How do you know if you’re suffering from a heart attack? The truth is that as a lay person you won’t be able to tell for certain. So familiarise yourself with the warning signs and keep the Asiri Central Cardiac Emergency Hotlines handy. Your best option is to seek medical help without delay.
What to do
Knowing what to do and acting without delay can save lives. Learn the warning signs and remember, even if you're not sure it's a heart attack, have it checked out - tell a doctor about your symptoms. A few minutes can make all the difference.
Call the Asiri Central Cardiac Emergency Hotlines
Asiri Central Heart Centre
0114665533 or 0114665534
0767026698 or 0773279650
- Chest Discomfort
- Most heart attacks involve discomfort in the centre of the chest that lasts for more than a few minutes, or that goes away and comes back repeatedly. It can feel like uncomfortable pressure, squeezing, fullness or pain.
- Upper Body Discomfort
- Symptoms can include pain or discomfort in one or both arms, the back, neck, jaw or stomach.
- Shortness of Breath