Infection Prevention and Control
Hospital acquired infections has become a major safety concern for both health care providers and the patients worldwide. Considering morbidity, mortality, increased length of stay and the cost, every effort should be made to make hospitals as safe as possible by preventing such infections.
At Asiri we take every single measure to prevent the occurrence of hospital acquired infections in order to ensure safety of our patients, staff and visitors. Our Goal is to provide a safe and secure environment for all personnel and minimize risk/s associated with infection.
The infection prevention and control unit of Asiri is headed by a Consultant Medical Microbiologist and has trained nursing staff dedicated for this purpose.
The vision of our infection prevention and control unit is To provide healthcare without infections and our mission is To ensure patient safety through infection control.
What sets us apart
- Well trained qualified staff to carry out infection prevention and control program.
- We practice evidence-based interventions to prevent healthcare-associated infection
- We promote the practice of WHO Five movement Hand hygiene by all employees as hand hygiene is the single most effective method to prevent hospital acquired infections
- Provide a clean and safe environment for patients, staff and visitors of the hospital
- We provide isolation and barrier precautions to patients with highly infectious diseases so that other patients and staff members are protected against these infections
- Cleaning, disinfection and sterilization process is closely monitored to ensure adequate disinfection or sterilization of patient care items.
- Staff immunization and annual health check-ups are carried out members for staff to ensure their safety as well as patients safety.
- Kitchen sanitation is maintained according to the internationally accepted standards and we ensure the quality of food and water served for our patients and visitors are of highest quality.
- Waste management is done according to the nationally and internationally accepted standards.
- Surveillance for hospital acquired infection and auditing is carried out by our infection prevention and control team for early recognition and intervention
- We conduct annual education program for our staff members to improve their awareness and knowledge on infections and infection prevention and update them on latest developments